Tuesday, 10 July 2012
EINDHOVEN – A short, but fierce fire and an explosion caused some serious damage to one of Fontys Hogescholen’s laboratories in Eindhoven Tuesday morning.
Nobody got hurt, nor any toxic substances were released. At the outbreak of the fire, exams and resit exams were taking place, but were resumed later that day. The cause of the fire in the Fontys building on Rachelsmolen 1 in Eindhoven has not been determined yet. According to the fire department it is not due to neglect.The fire started at 10am and was contained within the hour. Several buildings, occupied by about 300 people, including a few students, were evacuated. No one was in the lab at the outbreak of the fire. Some pvc pipes burned, releasing a small amount of hydrochloric acid as firefighters’ measurements show. There was no risk to public health.Source: Omroep Brabant