One casualty after fire in care centre ‘De Hoeve’

A 91-year-old resident of the Vitalis care centre ‘De Hoeve’, located at Imkerstraat in Woensel, died as a result of a fire on Friday, Eindhovens Dagblad reports.

The victim died from smoke inhalation. One aid worker also had to go to hospital because of smoke inhalation, but she was released after examination.

The fire started in a room on the fourth floor between 12 and 13.00 Hrs, where one of the residents was cooking. The emergency button was pressed immediately, but the room was already completely filled with smoke when the nurses arrived.

Both the fire department and the police arrived at the scene with many vehicles.

Source: Studio040

Your advertisement here.
Previous articleEindhoven nominated for Event City of the Year
Next articleVegetarian Restaurant Week

No posts to display


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here