Here you can read the results of the Eindhoven News survey.
End of July this year, we ran a survey with you, our readers. This survey sought to answer 4 questions:
- who are our readers
- how satisfied are they with Eindhoven News (EN)
- what topics interest readers and
- where can we improve further
The survey ran for 2 months and we received 215 generous responses! Thank you all very much for responding, giving us valuable feedback. We are very happy to share the survey learnings and winners of our lucky draw in this article.
Majority of our respondents (84%) live in Eindhoven, the rest are from the region. To our delight, we also had respondents who are ex-Eindhoven dwellers now living in the US, Australia, and rest of Europe. 92% considered themselves international and most fall within the age range of 25-44 years. On satisfaction level, 14% of you gave us the highest score of 5, whilst most of you rated us with the scores of 3 and 4. An interesting insight emerged from one of the question: many of you believe EN can benefit not just internationals in Eindhoven but also those overseas curious about this city.
We asked which topics you would like us to cover more. The top 3 topics are:
- Society, Arts & Culture
When asked how you would like to benefit from EN, the top 3 responses are:
- Keeping me well-informed of happenings in Eindhoven
- Finding interesting things to do
- Living safely and happily in Eindhoven
Many of you have given us extremely useful and important suggestions for improvements. We would like to highlight a few that were highly mentioned:
- “While you do an excellent job keeping the international community informed about local happenings, negative and crime news appear ‘dominant’; as such bring more positive, inspiring news for a balance.”
- “Feature interview articles about local people, celebs, etc who have achieved something.”
- “Write and promote more about events, both well-known ones and very local ones.”
- “Include more important practical information for internationals, eg visa, tax, changes in immigration rules, renting rooms, jobs and so on.”
These insights are very valuable and gave us many ideas for growing Eindhoven News. They will be worked on, with the goal of achieving an increased satisfaction score the next time we do this survey. We would like to thank all of you once more for your precious feedback and support. Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank the following organizations for being the sponsors of our lucky draw, and of course, to congratulate our lucky winners!
Dekker Driving School, 150,- worth voucher. Winner: Christina Michael
2 Yoga Kumar gift vouchers. Winners: Lily Thomson and Lucia Raluca Dumitrescu
Dinner for two at the Art & Bite Night @ Inkijkmuseum. Winner: Geetika Arora
2 Day passes for David Lloyd Sports & Wellness. Winners: Izabela Popescu and Manju Sara Jacob
The prizes will be handed out on 23rd of October. We thank the sponsors very much for their gifts!
Should you have more feedback, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
For Eindhoven News: Joyce Fong