In the evening of 5 October 2017 there is a seminar in Eindhoven where important things about health care in the Netherlands will be explained. This is especially for internationals who are not used to the Dutch way of arranging health care. Related topics like health insurance and childbirth are addressed too.
A GP (huisarts), a midwife and other speakers will answer questions like:
– Should I register (my family) at a health clinic?
– What is the role of a Dutch GP (family doctor)?
– I need to see a specialist, what is the procedure?
-Can I get a health check-up?
– What to do in an emergency?
– What health insurance do I need?
– I feel depressed, can the GP help me?
– We are thinking of having children, where can we get advise?
The event is organised by Holland Expat Center South and SGE International. SGE International is a primary health care clinic in Eindhoven which has the main focus on international clients. All communication is done in English and they have internationally trained staff. They take extra time to familiarize international clients with the Dutch health care system.
The event is on 5 October 2017 from 19:00h to 21:00h and will be held in the presentation room at Office S, Torenallee 20, 5617BC, Strijp S, Eindhoven. The entrance of the event is free but they like to know who is coming. You can register at firstname.lastname@example.org.